Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Made from Pinterest


One of the many reasons for starting a blog is that I wanted to track my progress of items tried on Pinterest.  I love Crochet.  LOVE.  I had first learned to crochet when I was about Nine years old when my mom was expecting my little brother Bubba (what I call him J). 
At the time I was so excited to learn something that I can create with my hands.  Wow!  What an addiction was created.  We lived across from an Office Supply store that was a warehouse style, but carried everything you could think of (before there were the Office Max’s of the world).  I would walk around that store for hours.  Looking at all of the supplies and touching all of the pens.  Sometimes I would have a few dollars saved or if my dad saw me going to look again, he would hand me a dollar or two.  I would try and choose wisely the exact fountain pen I would want or sometimes buy “stickers” (really they were just mailbox address labels).

Years later, I still create on a daily basis.  If it’s not doing the actual craft, I will be shopping for products, or researching online. 

Back to crochet… 
Until recently, I didn’t realize that there were so many options out there for making items.  I had made booties many years ago for my brother and again when my little sister was born.  I had a few attempts at blankets, but really didn’t’ succeed until I was pregnant with my son and made him a little blanket to pass the time until he was born. 

Now he is eight years old and we were looking at fabric at Hancock fabrics (another crafty addiction), and he saw a book for Amigurumi.  I had never even heard of it before, but he fell in love with a little dog that was on there.  I thought like I usually do, Hey!  I could make that! 

And I did…

Then there was a ninja…


Then Pinterest came along…



I decided to make a few hats, but my head is so big!  It either comes out way too small or way too big.  When I saw this headband, I knew I had to make it!  Her instructions were very clear and it came together rather quickly.  I was really impressed!  It fit my big head perfectly!  I also loved that there were buttons.  I don’t know if I would have thought of that. 


Granted, I think I have made mine a little more narrow.  I also probably should have done a more universal color.  I will be making plenty more though!  One warning, this is thing is VERY warm!  So if one is being made, be sure you are in need of being cozy!



1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'd love to follow you but I don't see a "follower" gadget?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts